Guided Observatory Tour and Stargazing
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Al Wathba, Abu Dhabi
- Product code: OBS2023_02
- Children seven (7) years old and below are free of charge.
- All guests below 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Bookings must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
Ever wondered how it is like working in the Observatory? Visiting us gives you exclusive access to that. Look through telescopes, take a peak inside the facility, and learn more about astronomy and space from our resident astronomer.
At the Observatory you will:
- Learn more about Al Sadeem’s history and what we do, on what astronomy is about, and the UAE Space Agency’s activities and accomplishments in a 10-15 overview at the lecture area;
- Get a glimpse on how an Observatory looks like from the inside;
- Observe the Moon, stars, planets, and other cosmic objects using traditional and smart telescopes; and
- Be able to ask away on anything astronomy and our resident astronomer will do his best to answer your questions.
The tour may last for two (2) hours. What you'll see in the night sky will depend on the weather and the time of the year you're visiting.
Our observatory is found in Al Wathba, which is roughly a 45-minute to an hour drive from the city proper via a private car or a cab.
Here’s how to reach us: